How to start an esports roster.
BUILD IT UP 📈
1. Scout (watch vods, highlights, CVs, ask around).
2. Vet them - have a personal talk, cam on, how invested/serious/committed are they?
3. Play together for a day - regardless of results, focus on meshing/roles & compatibility/mental. Use common defaults to see their reactions.
4. Make changes/cuts as needed based on what you've observed & repeat steps 1-3 with new players.
5. Play together for 2 more days - 10h will give you a good idea of the potential. Use more complex strats to gauge adaptability & fit into our system.
6. Make adjustments as needed.
It might help to break up your introduction into 2 or 3 main points, so it’s easy for your readers to follow. Each paragraph or two should focus on one point.
7. Consider the next 2 weeks as tryout before you commit to staying together.
8. Make final decisions - commit.
9. Get coaching staff in place - being the coach/IGL combo is less recommended.
10. Get a structure in place to work together, proper prac, schedule, meetings, goals.