How to start an esports team.
LOCK IT DOWN.
1. Get coaching staff aligned - goals, what are we looking for.
2. Scout (vods, experience, etc.).
3. Vet them - have a personal talk, cam on, clarify if our values & expectations align.
4. Play 2 days together - 1 prac day & 1 simulating tourney day to test it under some pressure.
5. Make changes/cuts as needed - consider longevity, mental, skill, drive, potential.
6. Consider the next 2 weeks tryouts before you commit to each other.
7. Increase prac difficulty gradually, up responsibility daily whilst providing guidance & feedback to measure improvement.
8. Make adjustments as needed.
9. Have a plan to integrate them into our operations & set a few team bonding activities.
10. Allow the new formation to take it's own shape, without trying to make it what it was before. Growth is change!